Separates diamonds, moissanites and gemstones via its Refractive Index in seconds!
By accurately measuring the quantity of light reflected through the stone, Presidium Refractive Index Meter II (PRIM II) is able to separate diamonds, moissanites and other colored gemstones via its Refractive Index (RI) on flat surfaces of polished gemstones.
Unlike a traditional refractometer, PRIM II is able to measure the range of RI value from 1.000 to ~3.000, therefore covering the commonly known gemstones in the market, including diamonds and moissanites. In addition, a fast and easy test can be done, without the inconvenience and messy usage of RI liquid.
The new software enables the user to further eliminate the list of possible colored gemstones by entering known values such as color, hardness and S.G. value. Further information regarding gemstone properties, common found locations can also be easily found.
- An enhancement to enable users to further eliminate the list of possible colored gemstones by entering known values such as color, hardness and S.G. value.
- Powered up by USB
- Contains 57 gemstones' properties (R.I, Color, Hardness, S.G. Value), country of origin and related information
- Serves as a quick and easy reference guide
- Refractive Index List for the common gemstones in the marke
- Instantly displays the RI value of the stone
PRIM II Software
Refractive Index Reference Chart
Direct RI display panel
|(Click to view PRIM II's software tutorial.)||(Click to Enlarge Image)
Dimensions and Weight
- Length: 140mm (5.5 inches)
- Width: 80mm (3.15 inches)
- Height: 33mm (1.3 inches)
- Weight: 140g (0.50lb)
(Click to Enlarge Image)
- Identifies diamonds, moissanites, and gemstones instantly
- Continual elimination of the possible gemstones through values such as via R.I., Color, Hardness and S.G.
- Tests on transparent gemstones, with flat polished surface
- Ideal for separation of gemstones
- Speed up on the identification of gemstones in parcel
- RI liquid not required
- Consistent and reliable results every time
- Clear and visible display for ease of reading measurements
- Light and compact tester that can be used anywhere
Power and Battery
- 9V batteries (up to 3 hours of continuous use based on alkaline batteries) / USB powered
- AC adaptor (optional item provided by Presidium)
- Operating temperature: 18°C- 27°C (65°F- 80°F)
- Dimensions: 140 x 80 x 33mm (5.5” x 3.15” x 1.3”)
- Weight: 140g (0.50lb)
- Power: 9V batteries / USB powered or AC adaptor (optional item provided by Presidium)
- Battery Life: Up to 3 hours of continuous use based on alkaline batteries
- Visual Signals: Refractive Index (R.I.) value
- Operating temperature: 18°C-27°C (65°F-80°F)
- Presidium Refractive Index Meter II
- PRIM II CD-Rom
- Protective carrying case
- User handbook
- Warranty card
- Presidium Universal Adaptor
|(Click to Enlarge Image)